North Carolina Association of Fire Chiefs (NCAFC), in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), is pleased to announce the second phase of its Volunteer Workforce Solutions program, which works with national, state, and local organizations to support initiatives focused on the recruitment and retention of volunteer firefighters. Phase II is funded through a FEMA SAFER grant with a two-year period of performance.
Program benefits include:
- Statewide volunteer firefighter recruitment campaign including a revamped website and radio/social media ads, etc
- Leadership support through the development and/or delivery of training and tools focused on the needs of volunteer and combination departments
- Recruitment and retention support, including development of unique recruitment strategies based on the features and characteristics of the community
- GIS Tapestry reports to enhance the marketing and recruiting strategies of departments
- Scholarships for conference attendance
- Tuition assistance for 20 members of our 15 selected departments